Dental Hygienistsat Langley Dental
Maintain Oral Health in Langley
As part of keeping your teeth and gums healthy, you should visit your dental hygienist every 6 months to 1 year.
Hygienists focus on maximising your oral health by ensuring that your teeth and gums are kept clean. We work in a preventative way to try and prevent the build up of plaque which can cause gum disease and ultimately tooth loss. By identifying and treating any problems, we hope to help overcome costly treatment and potential health problems in the long-term.
At Langley Dental, some of the treatments that our hygienists will perform include:
- Scaling and polishing teeth to remove plaque and calculus. This will leave your teeth looking and feeling better as well as preventing further decay.
- Identifying and treating gingivitis and periodontitis which are the first stages of gum disease and occur when plaque builds up
- Providing general information about diet, lifestyle and hygiene that can impact your teeth and general health
Book an appointment for a dental hygienist
Our affordable hygiene plan
Our Hygiene Plan provides affordable, accessible hygiene appointments whether you are a patient with the NHS or a private patient:
Affordable Hygiene Plan
- 30 minute Hygiene appointments
- 2 per year
- 10% discount on Home Teeth Whitening Fees**
** Subject to suitability
Airflow Polish in Langley
Our hygienists are pleased to offer a new method of dental cleaning called Airflow. This form of treatment combines air, sodium bicarbonate and water to tackle stubborn stains on teeth. It is very effective at tackling stubborn stains that are caused by food, dark coloured drinks and smoking, but it is a surprisingly gentle clean which leaves teeth looking whiter and brighter.
Airflow is a great option if you don’t want to commit to teeth whitening treatments, but you want to bring back the sparkle. If you have sensitive teeth you may want to try Airflow as this form of dental clean has no direct contact with your teeth. Airflow can be used on implants, bridges and crowns.
What dental hygienists at Langley can offer you
Our dental hygienists can:
- Provide support and care to your unique situation. We assess each patient as an individual and make recommendations based on what is right for you and your teeth
- Give care to patients of all ages including children. We believe it is vital to educate and promote good oral health to all
- Our hygienists will see you at a time which is convenient to you including early, late and weekend options
Frequently asked questions about dental hygiene
How can I help with dental hygiene?
You can do a great deal to assist your dental hygienist between visits. You should be brushing your teeth for a minimum of 2 minutes twice a day every day. Your hygienist can show you how to effectively brush and floss your teeth. You can also help by cutting down the amount of sugar that you consume and how often you have sugar during the day as this has will affect your chances of getting tooth decay.
Can I see the hygienist under the NHS?
You can opt to see the hygienist privately or under the NHS. Make sure you check on this before you go for your first hygiene appointment. In keeping with the rules of the NHS, the government will fix a price for a regular hygiene appointment.
Is it painful to visit the hygienist?
A scale and polish is a common treatment carried out by a hygienist and most patients find that this does not hurt at all. If you have sensitive teeth or feel any pain, be sure to discuss this with your hygienist who can help you.